I assume that if you're here, you already know a little about StencilJS, if not, check out this super awesome framework.
When I was building this blog, I was trying to use Stencil Helmet to dynamically add some tags to the
<head> tag, and these dynamic tags would show up in prerendered pages. You can even confirm their existence right now, by pressing
Ctrl+U key combo or by manually typing
view-source: behind the actual URL.
So, what happened was, I made some changes in my code, and my application stopped prerendering. Just like that. It wasn't prerendering.
This wasn't acceptable. Prerendering is absolutely necessary to make a fast and SEO friendly site.
So I dug deep into my git commits, and BAM! There was the culprit, hiding right in the
index.html file on the 3rd line. The glorious.....
Or rather, the absence of it. You see, I had deleted the
title tag, so I could handle dynamic title management in my components.
Always keep the
title tag in your
I just added in the
title tag and everything started working.
Hope you got something out of this post.